Closing the gap between city and rural healthcare
The shortage of skilled medical workers and a lack of healthcare infrastructure in remote and isolated communities severely limit access to quality healthcare. Technology-enabled applications can help overcome these obstacles, but their deployment in rural areas is compromised by the lack of terrestrial and cellular communications.
eHealth is the answer
Telemedicine offers communities a practical and valuable lifeline – but it depends upon reliable connectivity. Inmarsat’s global portfolio of voice and data services empowers remote medical teams with the communications they need to diagnose, treat, monitor and share vital health statistics with other doctors – in real time – no matter where they are in world.
Technology-enabled healthcare solutions
Whether you’re in a remote medical centre, a private clinic or hospital undertaking primary, secondary or tertiary care, or an NGO carrying out emergency response following a disaster, eHealth solutions powered by Inmarsat BGAN offer real-time access to:
- Electronic health records
- eSurveillance systems
- Monitoring of vital signs
- Knowledge management systems
BGAN helps deliver quality healthcare
- BGAN is powered by the global Inmarsat-4 (I-4) satellite network, operating at 99.9 per cent availability
- BGAN offers Standard IP connectivity for email and web browsing
- A range of guaranteed streaming rates enables potential life-saving applications such as real-time videoconferencing
- Discreet plug-and-play terminals are easy to set up, with no technical expertise needed
- Power consumption is low and batteries, if used, can be recharged from a solar panel
- Choose from a range of monthly flat-rate customised price packages.