Our solutions cater to NGOs operating in isolated locations where conflict or natural disaster cause a breakdown in conventional communications. We enable NGO workers to set up emergency telecoms centers in minutes, optimize emergency aid processes, and boost the efficiency of humanitarian missions.
Why use satcoms?
- Instant connection: light, easy-to-use solutions that speed up your rescue & relief operations in disaster-hit areas, independently of damaged or congested terrestrial networks.
- Remote office: improved emergency response coordination among humanitarian organizations in the field.
- Security: for keeping workers safe in remote and unstable environments.
- Mobility: easy to set up and carry, mobile satcoms stay with you on the move.
- Development: keep teams on long-term missions in touch in isolated areas.
Wherever and whenever disaster strikes, Iridium’s
global communications network ensures help can spring instantly into action. Iridium satellite services are available from the moment first responders arrive through evacuations, search and rescue, cleanup and rebuilding—no matter how long it takes.
has a long history providing reliable communications during disasters, conflicts and wars around the globe. Its services are the first choice for aid agencies and NGOs, including Télécoms Sans Frontières.
Canada Satellite has provided voice and data services to various Doctors Without Borders / Medicins Sans Frontiers missions in the past, and look forward to serving again in the future. In the meantime, we are pleased to offer equipment at cost, generous credit terms and no deposits on any of our rental equipment to Doctors Without Borders and all other international humanitarian organizations.